Download PDF Version: Introduction to SHIFT:m2M
Christian leaders from around Australia are invited to learn together through SHIFT:m2M – a relational learning environment centred on the gospel accounts of Jesus’ ministry. Engage with other leaders while immersing yourself in His life and ministry. You will be partnered with a facilitator to help you wrestle with the realities of implementing what you discover about movement building in your own life and ministry context.
This is not an effort to prescribe a ‘model’ of doing ministry that you can take and plant over your old style. SHIFT:m2M is a journey to discover the foundation of what Christ is calling leaders to be and what efforts He asks leaders to build into as His followers. How it looks in your context will vary greatly, however our hope is that you will grasp a greater vision for true disciple-making and will begin to see your ministry as Christ does.
SHIFT:m2M groups are learning communities of 3-15 leaders coming together to study the Life of Christ… specifically how Christ made disciples who could make disciples. Centred around three training manuals, SHIFT:m2M Groups are times of study, training, discussion and evaluation. Meeting together over a period of 1-2 years, you’ll study movement building principles from the life of Christ which have been used by tens of thousands of leaders globally.
Resources provided by SHIFT:
- Qualified SHIFT Facilitator.
- Online resources.
- Movement Building & Knowing Him manuals.
- Audio podcasts to supplement Knowing Him manual.
- 10 Days of face-to-face retreat time with other Christian leaders.
Typical SHIFT schedule:
- Over 12 to 18 Months: Small group retreats totalling 10 days with other SHIFT participants with direction from a SHIFT facilitator.
- Between Retreats: 50 days of self-guided study through the Life of Christ using the Knowing Him workbook and supplemental podcasts.
- Facilitator Training: SHIFT practitioners may then go through accreditation/training to become a SHIFT facilitator.